File version 25 not supported error

digman

Error:File version 25 not supported

I get this error in the loading panel at the bottom of the Leadwerks screen when I try to open our Phobia project from the file menu. This error stops the opening process.

Our Workflow:

Dave uses the steam version plus he is also hooked up with the Steam beta branch.

I used the Standard 3.1 version, no Steam.

I update my Phobia project by downloading from Dave the Phobia project and replace the entire project each time.

This error happens whether I update the Phobia project or not update it using the Project Manager.

This has been working till yesterday when I got the above mentioned error.

We do need this fixed soon so any help you can offer is much appreciated.

I put this here as we do not have a general problem section in the forum.

This is only on the opt-in beta branch, so it's not a catastrophe like it would be if it happened on the default branch.

If you have a Lua project, just update your project and it will work.

If you have a C++ project, you need me to update the C++ lib. Getting it ready now...

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I think you mean that Dave needs to update the project on his end or am I mistaken. I updated on my side using the project manager as stated in my other post and it still does not load. It is a Lua project, sorry for not mentioning that.

I will ask Dave to update his project when he gets back online and re-upload the project, then I will test and report back here.

It sounds like he is on the beta branch and you are not? That would make sense because his editor is saving in a format your app won't load yet. (The map file format doesn't change very often, this is the second time since the Steam release it incremented a version.)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

From my first post:

"Our Workflow:

Dave uses the steam version plus he is also hooked up with the Steam beta branch.

I used the Standard 3.1 version, no Steam."

I had forgotten to mention I use the Linux version. I just am dropping the ball today on giving you the required information to solve problems. wacko.png

Plus after your first post, I went back and edited out the part of my post where I thought it might be a version difference between the beta steam branch and my Standard 3.1 version (no steam)...blink.png

In that case, I recommend you guys stay off the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing and it gets a faster update cycle, then when it's stable I put an update out everywhere. The beta branch is using a newer map version with a small addition, but it isn't thoroughly tested, so I can't put out a full update everywhere yet.

This kind of fragmentation is a necessary complication of having multiple distribution channels, but I know I can't force everyone on Steam. So teams just need to be aware that the beta opt-in can carry some potential risk.