Sharing C++ LE Project

Rick

What is the best way to share LE C+ projects? Ideally we would want a source control for the VS solution, but something like google drive/dropbox for the LE stuff (maps/models/etc). However since the solution is a subfolder and google driver doesn't seem to let you decide what subfolders/files to NOT sync anytime you change locally it'll update the solution on google drive which isn't what you want because you want that controlled with bit bucket or some other source control.

This setup doesn't seem that great, but artists generally don't know source control and you generally don't want binary files in course control anyway.

How is anyone else setting this up?

One solution in the future might be to use Steam Workshop to sync assets. It is possible to set the items up to be friends-only, private, or public. The artists could use that to easily distribute assets to the rest of the team.

It's really quite nice because if I have a map that uses textures, models, and other stuff from the Workshop I can just send the map to someone without including any files, and the editor automatically downloads the dependencies. :)

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.