Non time-limited demo?

drarem

Is it possible to see something like a demo in the future? Non time limited either, I remember when I booted into windows I tried the leadwerks demo 2 and then tried to go back to it 35+ days later when I was playing around with windows again. Or at least accumulate the time..

Thanks.

BTW I'm running LMDE 64bit at this time.

I actually wonder how many Steam users buy it on impulse, just to try it out and for the novelty of it. If that's the case, then the purchasing behavior is more like a game than a software tool. Would you offer a 30-day unlimited trial version of a game, so people could see if they really want to buy it?

The other thing that's good about Steam free weekends is it can be done periodically, and it's a news story each time. Whereas if you just put a demo out there, six months later there is no way to really promote that.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It's usually with my luck, I see the 'free weekends' a day too late. Or I'm out of town and painfully miss it.

There are games with limited functions or levels where they hope you buy the full game if you like it enough. I'm more a hobbyist and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously, but if I put out a game I felt would work I may put out a limited level demo.

Sometimes people just want to check if it will run on there machine, before purchase.

Definitely. I think it will sell a lot more with a free weekend.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.