Light bleed at CSG intersections

Einlander

This is how I ended up fixing it. Say my wall went up 9 "blocks" and the ceiling was the 10th block. I simply made the ceiling not extend as far, and the wall went up to the ceilings height instead. This blocked

that bad section where light was getting in.

If that was clear as mud, imagine you're looking at a room from a top down view. The 4 walls surround the ceiling brush, rather than the ceiling brush overlapping the 4 walls. That's how I fixed it.

Seems to be the anwser so.

Should be pinned or on some BSP manual doc.

Stop toying and make games

Had this problem in all versions up to now. People say use thicker walls.Didn;t work.

The best I could do was rotate directional light to minimise the problem.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I understand the wall thickness, but when you use a csg to create a building walls that approach 1wu starts to get huge unless we are scalling everything in the world up. This scene I can get away with vastly thicker walls, but I have a building that is made up of brick that needs to be the depth of a read brick. Are the World:SetLightQuality, and DirectionalLight->shadowstagerange[3] exposed to lua?

I understand the wall thickness, but when you use a csg to create a building walls that approach 1wu starts to get huge unless we are scalling everything in the world up. This scene I can get away with vastly thicker walls, but I have a building that is made up of brick that needs to be the depth of a read brick. Are the World:SetLightQuality, and DirectionalLight->shadowstagerange[3] exposed to lua?

You should assume the user might set these to the lowest possible values.

I don't know what a "wu" is? Some unit of measurement?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

wu= World Unit. The actual world size of a editor measurement. Grid unit is the grid based measurement of an object . But I assume Leadwerks uses 1grid unit = 1 meter? I tend to use alot of hammer / source engine terms since I've mad server mods for some games.EDIT:Got some turns swapped around, Fixed.

Edited by Einlander

Finally had some time to take a look at my map. Added

self.world:SetLightQuality(2)

to app.lua and things look a lot better. I guess I can remedy some of the small areas by breaking up long corridors, or scripting the light to turn off when they reach a certain area.

I really recommend against relying on the light quality setting or hacks like that. 1 meter sounds very excessive. I'm thinking more like 0.25 meters.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Finally had some time to take a look at my map. Added

self.world:SetLightQuality(2)

to app.lua and things look a lot better. I guess I can remedy some of the small areas by breaking up long corridors, or scripting the light to turn off when they reach a certain area.

what is that function? there is no entry in the api in the world class

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?