Lua and LE

Sooshi

ramble much? :lol:

in any case, if you wish to wait for more "proper" documentation, that is your decision. :lol: Whenever you are needing help with something just post an example of what you are having trouble with, and I am sure someone who took the time to learn will be more than happy to help. :lol:

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

ramble much? :lol:

in any case, if you wish to wait for more "proper" documentation, that is your decision. :lol: Whenever you are needing help with something just post an example of what you are having trouble with, and I am sure someone who took the time to learn will be more than happy to help. :)

and I am sure someone who took the time to learn

in this particular case, you....

will be more than happy to help.

why thank you mackablee! :lol: Thanks for being generous for taking out a few seconds to show me what took you triple the time to learn how to do. But dont fret! :P , because there are things that took me years to learn, so if you ever need a video tutorial on modeling basic anatomy and forms for a character let me know! :P , afterall, two heads are better than one B) It will greatly improve the documentation for this community, which is exactly the whole reason behind this topic! lol!

Ramble much I do :P

And get a game published I will :lol:

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

There's going to be a sort of open-source playable game written in Lua, but it takes time. Right now I am trying to find an artist to animate the soldier model.

This sounds great i was attracted to leadwerks from using lua with shiva, they provide a great demo level with basic documentation on its creation, well worth checking out. Being an artist / animator i'm sure learning about programing has contributed to many of my grey hairs. Seeing a few practical examples implemented and explained in a working environment can be all thats needed to get one started.

My first Adobe purchase was Photoshop 2.0, CS6 was my last! < = >

This sounds great i was attracted to leadwerks from using lua with shiva, they provide a great demo level with basic documentation on its creation, well worth checking out. Being an artist / animator i'm sure learning about programing has contributed to many of my grey hairs. Seeing a few practical examples implemented and explained in a working environment can be all thats needed to get one started.

Yes, and it's no shame to copy and paste in order get something working. Like an artist who uses recycled materials to produce great works of art. It's just a way of accomplishing an end. Also some Language producers encourage copy and paste. The Gamecreators are in this category. They have a Snippets Forum, a Code Base and a Newcomers Corner. They understand how important it is to get people into their world and way of thinking. I remember laughing when I bought Dark Basic Classic and some example games accompanied it with the suggestion that they be hacked and torn apart so that purchasers could get the hang of how to do things. I think that was a great attitude. :lol:

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

btw Josh, I cant remember where the post was, I remember you saying that you wanted someone to animate a soldier model for you, and that you wanted to see some examples. Because I know you said you wanted to incorporate that character into a tutorial Lua type game so im all for helping out. I have posted a few videos showing some animations that I have done, so let me know if you want me to animate anything to help out on that tutorial project.

Yoshi in a walk cycle

Just some practice

This animation is in its first step tangent phase, so its choppy because I was roughing it out, cant find the actual finished aniamtion file

Trying to practice storyboard driven animations

A custom rig I made for someones model in case you dont want to utilize biped for the soldier model

That looks like lipsync, have you managed to get it working in the Leadwerks Engine?

Yea I animated it to sync with a sound file. But no not yet, I am not studying Leadwerks art pipeline as of now. Im currently focusing on my last and final step, which is taking around 6 months to create a workflow for myself with Leadwerks and Lua so I can begin development on my game in the summer. All of my past Lua work has consisted of 2D game creation thus far. So right now im just trying to put everything in place...

Well if you need some tips on animation or art pipeline for the Leadwerks Engine, just ask. Also, if you get lipsync working in the Engine, I would have some paid work available if you wanted it.

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

Well if you need some tips on animation or art pipeline for the Leadwerks Engine, just ask. Also, if you get lipsync working in the Engine, I would have some paid work available if you wanted it.

I will PM you gordonramp