Terrain angle character can not climb

YouGroove

How to be able to block the player from walking when the terrain angle would be for example 70° ?

I mean this is Raycasting or collison detection in OnCollide() ?

What is the math formula to have the angle on a terrain for a 3D point and the walking direction ?

Stop toying and make games

If you are using the build in character controller then your controller uses a locked 45 degree angle for slopes.

Strange i used character controller and beeing able to climb terrain big slopes like 70° ?

Is this is locked : just not possible and too bad , i mean character controller driven by the player.

This would lock lot of gameplay possibilites and would restrict your map design to take that in account.

I suppose this is because of the navmesh and AI movement commands. Would be nice to override per controller though so we can do it for the player if we wanted. I know we all wanted the navmesh but I think at some level we expected things to be a little more flexible than they are.

• Upvote 1

What would be needed :

- adjustable Cylinder collision shape (even if you could attach invisible collidable stuff to your char controller to make it bigger in collisions)

- Slopes not fixed

- Ability to use NavMesh points in Lua (to make our own physic characters)

and it can be applied to all controllers you have on scene

This would be a little misleading because people will think LE controller when you say that, but the LE controller can't angle like that. You, being more advanced than most, I'm sure meant non LE controller.

@OP You should get able to get the angle of the normal and that should be the angle to rotate. If you think of a normal pointing straight up, then you think of your terrain's normal (possibly pointing out, the angle between those 2 would be how much to rotate.