LE3 Indie Edition [ Questions ]

Georjack

Hello,

All time when I want to buy a software item, I want to test it before buy.

Unfortunately, there does not exist a demo / trial version, but I insist and I will buy Indie Edition from Steam.

From videos that I have seen, everything seems to be ok and also as I wished.

But if, however, I am not satisfied with this software, can I get the money back?

I suspect that you'll categorize this message as stupid, but still, this software is not only cost $10 or $20, it cost over $100, so, I don't want to throw more than $100 on the window.

For example, I can sense that I do not expect this software to have quality graphics as UDK 3.

I have seen videos and I saw the quality of the graphics of this game engine, but if there's still hiding something, I'm talking about something that only after testing the software you see...

Please note that I am satisfied with the graphics quality of this software, from what I've seen in videos.

I hope you understand me! smile.png

I don't work for Leadwerks or anything so this is my opinion, but honestly, people dish out $60 for video games without a money back option. I bought Skyrim for $60 or so and I hated it. Yeah, it sucks, but it was a risk I took. I think a demo would be nice, but currently there is none.

• Upvote 1

but honestly, people dish out $60 for video games without a money back option.

+1

I think a demo would be nice, but currently there is none. 

I agree some people even myself will never buy any software before downloading and trying it, to see if it really suits my needs and if i like it.

LE3.1 should really make a demo.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

No a game demo, don't show if you will be able to use LE3 Editor and tools, if you are able to import your models in Leadwerks 3, if you will be able to work with some editor bugs etc ...

It's different playing a game, and working hard with a 3D engine biggrin.png

I've got an ideea!

I want to put few questions before buy, this can helps me a lot!

1. Can I save / load game state with indie edition without C++? ( 100% Solved )

@Rick will make a tutorial about this. Thanks!

2. Can I create a GUI / Menu for my game with indie edition without C++? ( 100% Solved )

FlowGUI free 0.3.1 - Link: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/456-flowgui-free/

3. Can I create a Standalone EXE with indie edition without C++? ( 100% Solved )

Yes, LE2 export EXE without C++

4. Can I create also for Linux / OSX with indie edition without C++? ( 100% Solved )

Linux/OSX support is coming so yes in the future.

5. Can I create Indirect Lighting, or Light Texture? ( 100% Solved )

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/459-subsurface-shader/

This is it!

Hello Georjack,

1. You can save and load your game state. you must write your own loader with this commands -->

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/stream/

2. Yes you can create a simple gui by use the context commads-->

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/context/

3. A Exe is included but the lua code ist not encrypted and everyone can read it.

I have read but I think that this may soon be encrypted with leadwerks. if not you can use MoleBox indeed.

4 and 5, I can not help you.

greeting norbert

• Upvote 1

4. Linux/OSX support is coming so yes in the future.

5. you need a shader for that

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/459-subsurface-shader/

But I can not say how to implement real indirect (glowing) materials that glow/light the world up in realtime like real global illumination.

• Upvote 1

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

@Georjack. Yes, you can. There are functions and ways to do this. Leadwerks gives you the functions to save date to file. Every game is different so you have to decide what state/data you want to save off and do that yourself.

I think this will be my next tutorial because it's coming up more.

• Upvote 1

Rick, Many thanks! I just want to save the current map/level and player position.

I saw on DOC about WriteFile Lua, but I can't figure out how to get map/level and player position and then re-load.

By the way, It may sound funny, but I try to learn LE3 without own it. I found a little solution to fo this.

I found few projects here on this website that contains LUA and I changed some codes and it was fun! rolleyes.gif

By the way, It may sound funny, but I try to learn LE3 without own it. I found a little solution to fo this.

I found few projects here on this website that contains LUA and I changed some codes and it was fun!

I'm going to make this tutorial, but it's going to be made for people who own the software. I would suggest you buy the software if you are doing to use it.

As far as the task goes, note that we can't save the map format as it exists. All you can do is save information about the map/entities and then set their information one start up.

[/font][/color]

I'm going to make this tutorial, but it's going to be made for people who own the software. I would suggest you buy the software if you are doing to use it.

As far as the task goes, note that we can't save the map format as it exists. All you can do is save information about the map/entities and then set their information one start up.

I'll have the money in 3-5 days, so, I only play a little bit with LUA using an existing project. I'll buy it! biggrin.png

About save game, I know, I want to save only the information about game, not all changes that was made by player during the gameplay, but this is not impossibile, with a huge save/load system with many strings, but it's a waste of time..!

At least, Thanks a lot for your upcoming tutorial. I'll be very interested for Save/Load gamestate using LUA.

I saw on DOC about WriteFile Lua, but I can't figure out how to get map/level and player position and then re-load.

Perhaps better ot use save points to make things easy, only checkpoint is saved, could you win or loose battle you'll restart at the check point. It's a simple 3D model with a script that will write map name and checkpoint name (i suppose the map to have several checkpoints) on a file.

I found few projects here on this website that contains LUA and I changed some codes and it was fun

Yep, this is what i lobe in Leadwerks 3, Lua simple easy language, to make all gameplay, without needing C++ or compiler.And attaching script to objects gives you unlimited possibilities.

Hi again,

I just wonder about few functions and I don't want to start a new topic, I want to ask here.

It's possibile to set: SetGodRays with LE3 Indie Edition using LUA?

I make a refference to Framework functions from here: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/le2/_/command-reference/framework/setgodrays-r197'>http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/le2/_/command-reference/framework/setgodrays-r197 and from here: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/le2/_/command-reference/framework/