Moving Platforms

tjheldna

Im trying to create a moving platform between two points and need the player move with the platform.

This interpolates the platform between the points nicely

Vec3 lastPosition;

lastPosition.x = Math::Lerp(current->GetPosition().x, finish->GetPosition().x, smoothness / Time::GetSpeed());

lastPosition.y = Math::Lerp(current->GetPosition().y, finish->GetPosition().y, smoothness / Time::GetSpeed());

lastPosition.z = Math::Lerp(current->GetPosition().z, finish->GetPosition().z, smoothness / Time::GetSpeed());

current->SetPosition(lastPosition.x, lastPosition.y, lastPosition.z);

Currently Iv'e created a platform which sinks into the ground however when the character controller jumps on it, he does not sink with the platform until I move him, so maybe the physics on the character is sleeping or something. Also he does not move with the platform as it moves from side to side.

Am I doing something wrong in the way I have created this 'Mover Object'? Am I supposed to use a Slider Joint? Not too sure.

Thanks all!

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Are you using LE's physics for this? If so don't you have to use the physics set position on the platform? http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/entity/entityphysicssetposition-r190

As I recall, setting the position like you are, on a physics shape, disabled it's physics.

Also have a look at http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/434-elevator/

• Upvote 1

I use a motorized slider joint for moving platforms. (You can release the joint and create a new one when the waypoints change.) One of the tutorials in 3.1 is on this, actually.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.