Projected shadow performance (not physics)

shadmar

I was working on my joint editor and built a simple car to test. (it can go back and forward using the UP/DOWN keys, WASD for camera)

When wheels hit the ground I go from 400 to 18 fps, which seem terrible.

When the wheels are at rest it goes up to 400 ish again.

Here is my full test project including the car :

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

When I try to import I get no project file found. Are you doing Project Manager->Export when you make these project files because that will be the easiest way to share them.

[EDIT] NVM got it loaded. Looks like we can't load the zip file but have to select the werk file. Lame! Will see what I get.

On my macbook air I get about 80 fps when I'm moving and 160 fps when idle.

I still think the physics in LE 3 is much worse performance wise than LE 2, but it's so hard to prove this to Josh. I've never had physics kill performance in LE 2. sad.png

From 70 to 90 or 95 FPS on my big PC tower (hard to see as numbers are too much varying, you should siplay one FPS number each 0.5 second) The scene is empty, FPS could be better no ?

For the physics, the car is not running , but running in place and jumping,at final walking slowly.

Would need real physic car system instead.

Anyway great design and model car.

Stop toying and make games

i would be with you if it would be sure that any different physic engine helps. I however think the issue must be somwhere else since there are other games using newton as physic engine that do not seem to suffer from this.

//edit:

just looked into my game.

I get 1000 fps on my release compiled game (looks like the max limit that it displays).

depending on how fast i move with my physic controlled ball it drops to under 100 fps. (around 500-300 if i move slow)

I am not sure how extreme the speed of physic enabled objects should affect the framerate but it looks like quite a big drop.

//edit2: just to be sure. i set world->SetPhysicsDetail(1); in my game just like shadmar does. and 1 should be the least expensive setting here i think.

Edited by beo6

• 4 weeks later...