can not find exe file

james1943

I assume you mean when you press the play button? That's not compiling anything that's just starting the executable. For every new project and after every update you have to go into the Visual Studio project (or xcode if on mac) and actually compile in release and debug mode. This should be located in the Projects/Windows (Projects/Mac) folder and will be the .sln file. You need to download VIsual Studio 2010 if you don't already have it (or xcode) in order to open and compile this project solution.

Josh, this really needs to be a sticky or something.

• Upvote 2

maybe for some reason your compile cancels and the file is actually deleted since the compile stopped while writing the file?

Just guessing.

That's a very logical guess and I'd bet that's the answer! The only thing now is to find a solution to the problem, since when the executable is deleted I can't run the game via Visual Studio.

My current workaround is to copy all the relavent files to a new folder, delete the project, create a new one and paste the files into the new project. I'd rather not have to do this anymore, so I hope someone could offer a solution to the problem, or at the very least a better workaround.

It seems to occur when there are errors in the code. Not always, but that seems to be the case.

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

This is VC++ related only ?

I have Lua project running, and errors don't delete the Exe file i compiled before.

Yeah. I'm 100% sure it's some issue with Visual Studio itself, or perhaps the connection between Visual Studio and the project.

If you use Lua, and use the Leadwerks Editor to write your scripts, I'd say you're pretty much 100% safe from this. smile.png

Win7 64-bit | Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660