Light mapping objects?

karmacomposer

Is it safe to assume that the light mapper only works on CSG stuff made in the editor and NOT on imported assets?

I ask because I cannot get one imported object to be lit with lightmapping. I created a room around it - placed some lights and used the lightmapper.

I can see the room just fine, but the object is black as night. In non-lightmapped mode (just textured for the window), you can easily see the object and its texture.

Is there any way to lightmap objects? If not, then I see LE3 as a complete waste of money and time.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

The OpenGL 2 renderer uses a combination of static and dynamic lighting, similar to the way Source Engine (Left 4 Dead, Half-Life 2) work. Model geometry in the basic renderer uses dynamic lighting which will blend with the static lightmaps. Use a material with the dynamic lighting shader applied to it for models. (When you generate the material, just choose "dynamic".)

The OpenGL 4 renderer in version 3.1 will use fully dynamic lighting.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Ouch,

So mobile won't have lightmapping possibility games ?

Will we be able to create a project and choose :

- lightmapping and dynamic lights game

- deffered lightening game

Some 3D engines propose the choice of project before starting.

Actually i find awesome lightmapping in LE3 caus lights placed on level for lightmapping works like dynamic lights for objects passing by, that's just great.

And it's better performance for casual PC games with good 3D scenes without requiring openGL 4 deferred that asks indeed LOT MORE POWER.

Stop toying and make games

So mobile won't have lightmapping possibility games ?
There is an OpenGL 2, OpenGL ES 2, and OpenGL 4 renderer. The OpenGL 4 renderer will not use lightmapping. The first two will continue to use it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.