Password protection for assets?

Rick

If you look into the main.cpp you can find a part with the comment "//Load any zip files in main directory"

and the Leadwerks::Package::Load(file); command allows a second parameter for a password.

I tried it myself but couldn't get it to work so i am not sure if i did something wrong or if it is just not fully implemented yet.

Woot! Got it working.

What I did, was replace each folder entirely and name the zip file what the folder name was. So if I had 5 wav files in a folder called Sounds, I went into the Sounds folder and put all the wav files into a zip file called Sounds. I then put that into the main directory.

If I zipped up the actual Sounds folder it wouldn't work. if I renamed the Sounds.zip file to anything else it didn't work. So it's like the zip file becomes the folder name.

What sucks is that the editor doesn't seem to read these so this seems like a step at the end. Would be nice to have this maybe automatically done in publishing if we want to save us the steps.

nice. i think i tried to name the zip the same as the folder but i am not sure now.

I think i will need to try it again.

So you now have all zip-files in your main folder with the names like "Materials.zip", "Maps.zip" and "Scripts.zip" ?

Do you still have the subfolders included in the zip?

I only tried on a Sounds folder I had. So I now have a Sounds.zip file that DOES NOT have the Sounds folder in it. The files that were in the Sound folder are now directly in the Sounds.zip file. If the Sounds folder was inside the zip file it didn't work.

We don't at this time because Android does not support application file systems. The only way I could make something that works consistently on all platforms would be to encrypt each file individually.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.