Character Controller Jump issue 2

Here they are...

1) shows jumping inside a trigger (see video and previous bug report). This has been happening for quite a few builds, possibly since the begining.

2) If you jump sometimes you fall through the floor a bit. (see video). I believe since the current build, but may be from the one before.

3) If you jump while underneath an object (bsp in this case) you can jump straight through it eventually (see video). I don't recall this happening before the current build, it's possible I haven't noticed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erNVeT-dW-o

Cheers!

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Workarounds should not be necessary.

I would like to have a copy of your project so I can test it myself. It looks very nice so far.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

@tjheldna :

Do you use physic or character controller ?

How do you manage to have the character move straight left or right on X axis without going on Z axis ?

I 'm very interested on others solutions if it could work.

Stop toying and make games

i think i have read somewhere here that someone had put 2 invisible walls side by side to the character so he can not get pushed through these.

the sinking into the ground was something i noticed at the elevator script i created. It was getting more extreme depending how fast the elevator moved until the character just went through the ground of the elevator.

hadn't noticed that on static grounds though.

One workaround i tested was to add a small force to the character when he was going through the elevator ground. That helped there but if it is possible to solve these issues completely without workarounds that would be very nice.

Using PhysicsSetPosition works for everything except the Character Physics.

Using a an invisible box with PhysicsSetPosition that would be the character physics, and just displayign a non collidable character at that position could work ?

That helped there but if it is possible to solve these issues completely without workarounds that would be very nice.

I agree.

This time is this not Newton 3 specific ? didn't seen any newton 2.5D game.

• 3 weeks later...

@tjheldna :

So ho do you do now, to avoid that character problem ?

Caus PhysicSetposition is to you to each frame move the character to a position right ?

For jumping you use also PhysicSetposition ? how do you manage it ?

• 3 weeks later...