LE 3 and Steam Greenlight

YouGroove

Well , just seen the banner link.

The descriptions talks about Lua script,or BSP booleans, but booleans are not here already.

And there is a good bunch of bugs, and lot of stuff to improve or bring (like terrain).

The big question i have, is simply : It is not too much earlier ?

Would not be better to wait for LE3 to be more mature and stable ?

And the integration of Steam WorkShop and Valve assets for some people is not necessary, specially if you purchase models form alternative sites or you have some 3D artist in your team.

Well it depends on people using Leadwerks 3, but i won't go personnaly for Steam , as i go more for mobile.

It's LE 3 growing and expanding, this can only be good for it if.

Stop toying and make games

I think (am not 100%) the Steam Greenlight system is more a pre-request. IE They support the distribution of your system. That's not to say things such as the Terrain System wouldn't be implemented before steam distribution.

I would like to think that the Steam sales would only help to increase the size of the community, which would in turn give Josh more funding and allow for increased support/development of the engine. Bring such features to us quicker.

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

I'm assuming that those who already own the engine, we will automatically get the steam support options.

Am i assuming correctly Josh?

EDIT:

Just read the announcement on steam. Every make sure to set your steam ID in your werkspace to help facilitate Josh getting LE3 steam to current customers.

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

I divide our activities into three categories:

• Maintenance and support
  • New research and development
  • Reaching new customers

It's important that we balance these three areas simultaneously. If you don't keep those three things moving forward, you get problems.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

well with greenlight you have access to steamworks which in turn has networking support built in. Just as an idea, could leadwerks incorporate steamworks networking support or the source SDK networking support although that can turn into a legal mess. Prob be better for leadwerks users here to get a greenlight account and integrate it themselves. Just some ideas i'm throwing out...

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!