Rolling - Game Demo

beo6

Hello,

since more and more are showing what they have created so far i wanted to do the same.

Since i am bad in texturing and such it looks a bit too much black & white but i want to change that later.

after i felt a bit limited with a Lua project i started to convert it to a C++ project.

I still have the Lua only project which is exactly the same.

It is planned as a mobile game, but i can't compile the C++ project for Android at the moment.

Controls:

only the arrow-keys.

In Level 2 just roll over that odd looking platform on the ground.

known Bugs:

- crash when closing the window after the first map.

- very fast game-speed after loading a map. Will return to normal speed after some time.

post-60-0-50765500-1370204090_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Nice work Beo,

I really like these sweet little games. The physics part is really extreme. I have never seen that before. Also your ball movement is really smooth. How did you create it? Is it a sphere model, sphere brush or 3d model? Any specific physics settings?

Good start to a game. Apart from the know physics bug the ball control was great.

More textures would make a big difference.

Couldn't go further than the map where you have to avoid being crushed. Assuming it is the last level for now.

Its good to see these projects, it gives inspiration.

Elite Cobra Squad

sorry. yes it is the last level. there are currently only 3 maps i created.

i don't like the current textures myself. So i will change this in the future.

//Edit: i wish we could have a clean map-editor that we are allowed to give to someone who can make maps.

Or at least to be able to save in the map format so we could create our own map editor.

Nothing special there.

It is a very low poly sphere 3d model with Mass and Friction set to 1.

Thanks, I just tried this for the minigolf game and the physics have improved a lot. From now on I wont used CSG brushes and API Models anymore. Representation is good but somehow the physics are not working properly there. Thanks!

//Edit: i wish we could have a clean map-editor that we are allowed to give to someone who can make maps.

Or at least to be able to save in the map format so we could create our own map editor.

Maybe the steam workshop will allow this since modding is its core funtionality.

• 1 month later...

Hey beo6. I just finally played this and it's a great start so far. I agree that the textures could be more distinct. I would also suggest maybe having the camera out further at times as sometimes I died to things I didn't see coming. Then again, maybe I just went too fast.