3D interface issues

reepblue

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I've encountered in my project issues regarding the interface class when used in 3D. 

1. This example looks broken.
image.png?ex=65fce482&is=65ea6f82&hm=ad0f3bd6c90e9dbda7a9ae72a8326ba9362a5bb5af4ad7f3121c4b6538c71331&=

2. My console is broken and I can no longer show/hide the camera projecting the UI.
image.png?ex=65fce4cc&is=65ea6fcc&hm=dbf3468005cc73099f59ef251eaeaa4509fead44b352de6ba640375d12e9ac2b&=

Please refer to the codebase I sent you on February 17th to better debug this problem and more.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

• Solution

Try this:

auto texbuffer = CreateTextureBuffer(256, 256, 1, true, 0);

This will tell the engine to create a non-MSAA texture. MSAA textures are a different sampler type and cannot be read by the default shaders, so if you do render to texture, you should specify 0 for the number of samples.

This is actually a situation where AMD pulled an Nvidia. On AMD, it just works, even though that behavior is not conformant with the OpenGL spec, which I believe would say the behavior in this situation is "undefined". So AMD deals with the error by hiding it, while Nvidia displays the bad behavior. Usually it's the other way around.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.