Adding a Material to a sprite doesn't do anything.

reepblue

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I tried adding a material to a map and it saved and reloaded just fine, although I did notice it was saving the full path to the material and not the relative path to the project folder.

Ah, I see now. You have to drop the material onto pretty much the dead center of the sprite. The sprite's orientation is being controlled in the shader, so the pick routine doesn't really have any knowledge of which way the sprite is facing...I think increasing the pick sphere radius to match the bounds of the sprite might be a good solution.

test.zip

image.thumb.png.0171c49112b63958efb76295882d4558.png

On 2/4/2024 at 12:00 PM, reepblue said:

The selected image also doesn't save after deselecting the entity.

What does this mean? :D

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I was actually using the drop down menu for material under appearance like you would in Leadwerks. I didn't know you could drag and drop the material to a sprite.

If you do use the dropdown, the material will not apply nor save it's selection. I think the solution would be to remove it and have only one way of assigning materials to objects by drag and drop.

• Thanks 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!