Frame Tweening

Alienhead

How do we handle frame tweening with the lack of a physicsUpdate() caller?

I noticed when I loaded 500 animated models that my aniamtion speed was noticbley slower.  Normally in leadwerks I could tween the animations to smooth it out.

Also, regarding the animated models.  I wish to learn to procedure for more than 1 anim sequence within a model. Are we to append these animations via a 3d editor or do I need to load with code in each independent animation  sequence ?

Does Instantiate() work on animated mesh ? I keep getting an error with I try to animate a copied mesh.

I dont understand the method to set a script to a entity in code...  Is there a method?

Add: oh yah, the LUA example of loadmap in the docs only shows C++ https://www.ultraengine.com/learn/LoadMap?lang=lua

Thanks.

EDIT:  Found the script attach : entity:AddComponent(Mover)

OKay, so we dont have to worry with Time:Speed() and timing in general ?

PS: Im super pumped about Ultra Engine, I have 750 for those little fox models walking around on the screen with little to no FPS drop! Of course I'm running a RX 6700 XT card but regardless, this is a HUUUUUGE improivment over LE.  I always wanted to make a TD game in LE with a few hundred invaders but could never balence it out ( fps wise ), i'm well on the way now.

Yeah, the game speed is independent from framerate. You don't have to worry about modulating movement values.

Pathfinding and character physics have been disentangled as well, so you can just use pathfinding for their movement if you want, and 750 characters walking around should be no problem.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.