Player Controller Wall Bouncing.

reepblue

I've noticed that if you jump into a wall, the velocity distributes into forward movement. However, this makes climbing the stack of boxes in the start map difficult as I keep falling off. I think the player physics needs to be tweaked so I can climb the boxes while the controller still feeling natural.  

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I noticed the same thing but did not say anything yet.

I like the horizontal velocity retention because in most cases it makes collision on walls very smooth as you are running along. However, there is this unintended behavior that probably needs adjusting. I need to think about this to see how exactly the behavior should be defined.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It's a small block of code that adds this behavior that is easy to comment out. I think I will remove this for the initial release and it can be explored in the future.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.