Saving modified .map files can not be reloaded

klepto2

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Another option (which would be IMHO more convenient) would be to add Import and Eport menues. This way you can later support multiple map formats without breaking the original save and save as workflow. 

Load/Save/Save as -> only for UltraEngine files

Import/Export -> reserved for plugins or fixed imports/exports in the engine.

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

11 hours ago, Josh said:

Hmmm...I still have not made up my mind. What is our "native" texture format? DDS, Basis, or KTX2?

I assumed it was DDS for traditional games, basis for simulations, and ktx for if Ultra runs on something like the quest.

The question I've ran into is what is the best modeling format since gltf is technically 3 formats.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

5 minutes ago, reepblue said:

I assumed it was DDS for traditional games, basis for simulations, and ktx for if Ultra runs on something like the quest.

The question I've ran into is what is the best modeling format since gltf is technically 3 formats.

DDS if you only want to run on PC. Basis if you want to run natively on Oculus Quest in the future.

For glTF, use glTF + bin file, with external textures. You should store textures in PNG and DDS / Basis so you can load the models back into a modeling program.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.