Reep's Wishlist before release.

reepblue

Some of these you probably heard me talk about before but:

• Please add back Shift+Drag for copying., I use this all the time when shelling out maps in Leadwerks.
  • A way to generate materials without needing a texture first. (I went to create a basic glass texture from the editor, and I couldn't just make a material with its alpha set to 0.5.)
  • Some indication of forward on models/entities like an arrow or a line when selected.
  • The ability to turn Instant Creation off. As I've mentioned before, I like to frame my brushes before I make them, and I use it as a ruler for getting size dimensions.
  • Tool tips for the toolbar buttons telling you what they are along with their hotkey. 
  • An "Editor Only" shader for making tool textures like triggers.
  • A way to make Strip Lights. 😭

• Upvote 6

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I hope you don't mind for hijacking this thread, but i would like to add some things (Having this all-in-one thread, might be easier for Josh to keep track of it):

• More viewport Configuration options (e.g.: view range for large terrain editing)
  • Missing Primitives (Sphere, etc.)
  • Global posteffect system (I know it's on the to-do list)
  • Filter in the Project tab (filtering for scripts/textures/materials etc.) (optionally a filter system like in Visual Studio for CPP projects)
  • Batch functions for folders (convert all textures, or create all materials in a folder)
  • A folder like node in the Map Browser
  • A way to extract meshes from bigger meshes
    • A lot of 3rd party meshes come as one big mesh, and it would be nice to extract the individual meshes into new ones
  • Advanced Terrain editing options
    • Masked brushes
    • Visibility brush
    • Predefined layers (import and export multiple layers)
    • Fill all in the added order (currently you can only fill one layer at a time)
  • Advanced documentation for editor scripting (it is currently hard to guess)

• Upvote 4
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to make a new topic for this but when are the brush measurement information coming back while the brush is being created? I forgot to put that on my list in the opening post. I assumed it was on the back burner because you wanted to think about how to render the text in 3D. 

• Upvote 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't think a 1.0 release can't exist without proper grid snapping. I found level editing frustrating with the model's origin not snapping to the grid. This was way better in Leadwerks.

Also, not being able to see the origin point is also unhelpful. If we can just get a sphere drawn at the model's origin when it's selected, that would be great.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...