Mass Selection

reepblue

While I understand the decision to not have a selection tool, there is one use case that I've in countered not having one. In one of my maps, I've created a ton of boxes. Now, in order to move all of these boxes, I would need to select each box one by one to ensure I only get the physics boxes and not the ground scene. Mass selecting via the scene tree isn't always a guarantee that I'll select the things I want. Especially if everything is called "Box 1" as shown below.

image.png.136da6d4e7c23bf6c838072801d040c0.png

I have very often used the "Drag to Select" feature to move large chunks of my map around which is not as easy as it was done in the Leadwerks editor.

I would say allowing grouping of objects or making this into a prefab would be the solution, but if the end user didn't think 3 steps ahead, they are screwed and have to re-add all their objects again. This is just food for thought and I'm interested in what you think about this issue.

But overall, my brain just wants to make a box around it to select all the boxes in the air.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!