Components no longer written to map files.

reepblue

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Over the weekend, I ran into an issue when trying to attach a few of my components. I recalled if there wasn't any modifiable value listed in the json file, the component wouldn't be saved into the map. I was trying to reproduce this tonight, but I now see that none of my components are being saved. 

As of writing, I'm thinking that this was disabled so you can figure out how Lua components should integrate with the editor. If so, take this post as a PSA that components are no longer attachable in editor. Hopefully this will be back in by this weekend.)

I should be able to attach a file as long as a json file for that component exists. Right now, you need to have the following information. 

{
    "component":
    {
        "properties":
        [
        ]
    }
}

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

1 hour ago, Josh said:

fixed

While this works as it did before, the other issue I've mentioned still is present. If a component does not have any modifiable properties, it can be attached but doesn't get saved. Please make a json script with the contents below, add it to an entity, save the map and reload it. 

{
    "component":
    {
        "properties":
        [
        ]
    }
}

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

• Josh locked this topic