Questions about Leadwerks and Ultra Engine

scel5525pro2

Go to solution Solved by IceBurger,

So ive been hearing about ultra engine but i dont fully understand it yet. I was gonna but leadwerks today as its on discount but then i heard about ultra engine replacing leadwerks? What does that meam? Does it mean that leadwerks will be discontinued in favor od ultra engine? Or will ultra engine replace leadwerks on steam and if u own leadwerks u will own ultra engine, kinda like a game doing a massive revamp. I really dont wanna make mistakes on what to buy because i want something performant, good and in lua. If it will replace leadwerks and if u own leadwerks u own ultra engine someone please tell me since leadwerks is on discount i can get it cheaper. Thank you

12 minutes ago, scel5525pro2 said:

Ok thank you, which one should i buy between standard and standard steam key? What are their differences?

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Keys will be sent out closer to release, but I believe you can enter them pre-release and it will just unlock when the app is published.

Thank you! I just bought the steam standard one. Can't wait for it to release and use it. Is there an estimate as to when it will release? Hoping this summer break since i have allot of free time on my hands right now.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Thank you. Development is going fast but if I hit some snags I will take whatever time is needed to get it right.

Final question i promise: will we be able to use the 3d editor or will we have to code in our own window, import our own stuff like that. Ive seen the videos on leadwerks channel showing the api and it seemed like it was doing using visual studio code and not like the new editor which was showcased later on.

53 minutes ago, Dominic900 said:

Hello SCEL5525PRO2,

Yes it has a visual editor. Some have been testing it (not sure who) but it is under testing as it develops. For comments on testing see the forum thread "editor feedback" under general forum.

Hope this helps you. :-)

I just installed the application but i get Authentication Error do you know why?
I try to login but it doesnt work and im just following the instructions and it also does red checkmark on everything but thats not true
image.png.a513fa226224bdf474f5260c1697b330.png
image.thumb.png.907cfcc8289bcdb82dca90dc00707daa.pngimage.thumb.png.da06dc20ec8c800bf582b89a7c3890e2.pngimage.png.6ce136f49a796afc531a07963057aba7.png

I was just going to do the same and download it but was not sure if it would run as you and I have the same pre-order. My order is non steam version. Did you download the Microsoft VS redistubutable.64.exe? you can find it on the ultra engine documentation under install/system requirements.

I don't think any of the pre-orders are currently capable of downloading anything as Ultra is not released yet.  I have the subscription which gives me and a few others access, it's in the store still, but I have no idea if Josh is still accepting new purchases of this as it will soon be redundant.

7 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I don't think any of the pre-orders are currently capable of downloading anything as Ultra is not released yet.  I have the subscription which gives me and a few others access, it's in the store still, but I have no idea if Josh is still accepting new purchases of this as it will soon be redundant.

Well that's a bummer for those that pre-ordered. Maybe Josh will let some in to "beta-test" I would love to beta test this software. HINT HINT :-)

Just to clear things up, I have the monthly subscription and Ultra Engine is fully functional with it, sure - it's not 100% ready yet, but I can already do amazing things with it, even games.

Then I also ordered Leadwerks Engine just for enthusiast reasons and perhaps for some backward compatibility with older machines, and all its asset packs from Steam.

And finally I bought the standalone Ultra Engine Standard Edition as a pre-order, which has not been released yet.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Will Leadwerks projects load into Ultraengine? Is there any backwards compatibility?

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com