The Seventh World - WIP

SpiderPig

Discord for TheSeventhWorld

Getting back into the swing of things!  I made my own UI system, mainly so I could make materials for widgets and do some cool effects down the track.  This is the second time I've made this inventory, first time was in Leadwerks, this time in Ultra.  Ultra is looking much nicer and is soooo much faster.  Can't wait to get some color into it.

Inventory_001.thumb.png.b48d8d01941e92413ee56faa2275c9d1.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 7/9/2023 at 12:12 PM, SpiderPig said:

Getting back into the swing of things!  I made my own UI system, mainly so I could make materials for widgets and do some cool effects down the track.  This is the second time I've made this inventory, first time was in Leadwerks, this time in Ultra.  Ultra is looking much nicer and is soooo much faster.  Can't wait to get some color into it.

Looks amazing, are you able to share how you did something similar in leadwerks?  Assuming via Lua?

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured

• SpiderPig changed the title to The Seventh World - WIP

Thought I'd change this post to track the work in progress of my game instead.  :)

I've been spending time on procedural foliage generation.  I create a volume and then add different items to that volume.  It then procedurally places them inside the volume based on growth rates, shadow and collision radius and eventually height map data.

The green bounding box is the foliage volume.  The blue is where a sound will fade in when you enter it.  The distance between the blue and green bounding boxes dictates the sound volume.  I'll have to make a video of this soon.

ProceduralFoliage_001.thumb.png.1cf95bda2d187c6e410293c40b4e7912.png

Each tree has an interaction assigned to it.  This is a system I made in Leadwerks.  The player has a box that it's bounds are used to get overlapping entities, if any of those entities have an interactable object assigned to it a label will appear on screen telling you what can be done.  For these trees they will supply bark to your inventory.  All the coloured shapes are debugging visualizers.

ProceduralFoliage_002.thumb.png.63642153c0e51e9bf97ac886b4a65e7c.png

Bloody amazing

How are entities assigned  interactions in LE?  Sorry for hi-jacking again!

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured

SetLineStipple() has to be the single most best thing about Ultra.  :wub:

I'm using it here to debug my widget system.  Different coloured borders are used to identify different types of containers.  I've pretty much implemented Godot's UI system into Ultra.  You can see the various containers and how they expand in different ways to fill their parents.  There are a few issues on the left with the scroll containers, hence the debugging mode. ;)

Debugging_UI.thumb.png.e324b12cceb4f0022e5a3fc0e33262bf.png

Sure can.  This is the material I set to a line mesh.

debug_material = CreateMaterial();
debug_material->SetShaderFamily(LoadShaderFamily("Shaders\\Unlit.json"));
debug_material->SetLineStipple(LINE_STIPPLE_DASHED);

Line mesh was created like this and then the model scaled to the right size.

model = CreateModel(world);
model->SetRenderLayers(render_layers);

mesh = model->AddMesh(MESH_LINES);
mesh->AddVertex(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
mesh->AddVertex(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
mesh->AddVertex(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
mesh->AddVertex(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);

mesh->AddPrimitive(0, 1);
mesh->AddPrimitive(1, 2);
mesh->AddPrimitive(2, 3);
mesh->AddPrimitive(3, 0);

• Thanks 1

Your problem might just be that the background is too light. I worked with this a lot in developing the contrast levels for the default UI color scheme. There's not a lot of range before text gets hard to read against the background.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Still working on crafting.  Got locked items showing and items now add to the queue and are crafted one at a time with a progress bar at the bottom.  Something's going on with the expansion of the crafting side which I need to fix.  It thinks it's wider than it actually is.  <_<

Crafting_002.thumb.jpg.0050c5f11a6e335d6ec4b55041d44bee.jpg

• Like 4

Got drag & drop working as well as placing items on your person to expand inventory slots.  Only certain items can go on your person and only into certain slots.  E.g. the backpack can only be equipt onto your back or your hands.  This one expands the inventory by 5 slots.  Larger packs will do more.

InventoryInUsage_001.gif.b56e8939876fa480010f07602fb17691.gif

• Like 5