Ultra - Release Mode Not Compiling

SpiderPig

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Just compiled a new project made with 1.0.2 and VS 17.5.5. Maybe you just need to clean the project so everything rebuilds, or update visual studio?

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Did a fresh install of 1.0.2, created a new project, built in release and got the same error.  VS2022 is up to date.  v17.6.2?

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022
Version 17.6.2
VisualStudio.17.Release/17.6.2+33723.286
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.04084

Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2022   00482-90000-00000-AA189
Microsoft Visual C++ 2022

I generated a new project tonight and it compiled fine. Then I updated Visual Studio to 17.6.2 and now I'm getting the same issue as SpiderPig. I tried deleting the .vs folder but that didn't work.

So yeah, Josh needs to update Visual Studio. for the next release. 

• Upvote 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I'll have an update up shortly.

Apparently it is possible to roll back VS updates, but I don't know how?:
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/introduce-the-ability-to-roll-back-a-visual-studio/395028

It would be a good idea to find the answer, in case we ever experience anything like this again.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Josh locked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking it might be caused by some library the engine is using not being compiled with same compiler....but that doesn't really make sense, because my own builds of the engine as an app would fail:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/837073/error-c1047-object-file-created-with-an-older-compiler-than-other-objects

• Solution

I recompiled some of the libraries used and made sure "whole program optimization" was disabled. I don't know what exactly was the cause but it seems to work now.

• Thanks 1