Leadwerks its good engine?

blinkingcape

So, I'm pretty new to using Leadwerks, and I was unsure if I should even use this engine. Something that seemed strange to me was that when searching for things like "Leadwerks FPS tutorial" or "Leadwerks advantages and disadvantages," and also "Leadwerks vs. (some other engine)," I didn't get many results. I also found out that there's apparently something called Ultra Engine, so did Leadwerks die? Should I use another engine instead? I had a few projects in mind, a basic FPS and a parkour game, but then, can I still use Leadwerks or is it dead and only Ultra Engine now?

(sorry if the English sucks, the chat gpt how traduze it)

Depends on who you ask. I live and die by Leadwerks engine, it's truly one of the better engines I've ever used, and I've used quite a few.  As with anything you got to get to know it's in and outs, its strengths and weakness but with dedication you can easily pop out grade-A stuff with LE. Ultra is the new and upcoming engine from the guy who made Leadwerks.  It's probably the only engine that will pull me off of Leadwerks in the future. :)

@Alienhead I understand, and that's good to hear. But I have one question: Where do you get tutorials?, I couldn't find any tutorial that teaches about the movement system. Also, in the future, I intend to make a parkour game with wall run, but I can't find any tutorials about that for this engine. I would like to know which documentation and tutorial do you recommend using?

(again if my english suck say that for chat gpt)

Leadwerks documentation focuses on teaching the concepts of programming:
https://leadwerks.com/learn

You won't find a pre-made tutorial on how to make that specific mechanism, but I think you will find the API is pretty easy to understand. Leadwerks is very stable.

Ultra Engine is the new engine I am working on. It provides much much faster performance than anything else out there, and the new editor supports extensions written in Lua, for adding new functionality to the editor. For example, I just finished adding text-to-image with AI, and it was all done as a Lua extension and DLL, without modifying the editor source code. Ultra Engine has a similar workflow and programming syntax as Leadwerks, so it's okay to learn Leadwerks now and then switch over to Ultra when it is ready.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.