Release Notes

Josh

First build of 0.9.4 on dev branch.

• Added View > Show Navmeshes menu item
  • Added material pick mode in asset editor. (Engine does not load this property yet.)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Editor updated, fixing several bugs. See solved bugs in bug reports forum.
  • glTF files now preserve relative paths when saving.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Added toolbar buttons to toggle scene / flowgraph view, flowgraph editor is now embedded in main window. Although there are a few UX issues like menus not being disabled when flowgraph is active, I am most concerned with the usability of this design. Please try it out and tell me your experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• First build with support for prefabs in the editor.
  • Right-click on a node in the scene browser and select the "Save as Prefab" menu to save any entity as a prefab.
  • Prefabs can be opened in the asset editor, like a model.
  • Prefabs can be saved from the asset editor.
  • No thumbnail renders will appear for prefabs yet.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Joints now store a weak pointer to entities
  • Added Joint::GetParent and Joint::GetChild
  • Added Entity::RemoveComponent<T>()
  • Added Entity::ClearComponents()
  • Added shift + drag to copy, in translate tool only
  • Numerous bug fixes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Prefabs can now be dragged into the scene and saved. They will be loaded as a prefab, but child entities will probably not work correctly yet.
  • Some bug fixes.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• General update with recent fixes.
  • Added some additional debugging information in rendering thread.
  • Temporarily removed "Save as Prefab" popup menu in order to focus on graphics and bug fixing.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

0.9.5 is now available on the beta branch.

• This provides 250% increase in the performance benchmarks.
  • Engine now runs on a wider range of hardware.
  • Brush face tool is fixed.
  • Added camera MSAA. Multi-camera rendering not supported yet.
  • Lots of new post-processing effects included.
  • Projects must be updated to get new shaders. I recommend making a copy of any important projects you are working on.
  • Terrain creation may crash on AMD cards. The issue will be reported to AMD.
  • Rendering won't work on Intel integrated graphics, but almost every chip will initialize, and at least we are making progress.
  • Thumbnails in the editor currently will not be generated.

I recommend making a copy of your project. 0.9.4 is available on the default branch if you want to hold back and let us work out the details.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Fixed some bugs.
  • CreateTextureBuffer now uses 0 for default samples argument.
  • Added command AnisotropicFilter(anisotropy). Only works on texture initialization, once textures are initialized they are static.
  • Thanks 1

• Some bug fixes.
  • Terrain shader small fix.
  • Added some more debugging info to Assert statements.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• May fix some initialization errors.
  • Windows are hidden and a message is printed if DestroyWindow fails for any reason.
  • Thanks 1

• World properties have been moved into a new dialog, available with the Edit > World Settings menu.
  • Editor now supports a single directional light, in the world settings dialog.
  • No changes were made to the way directional lights work in the engine / API. They are still just a normal entity.
  • Fog settings are available in world settings.
  • Post-processing effects are available in world settings. Some of my post-processing shaders are not very good and need work.

Some environment settings like the cubemaps used need to be set again, as they will not be loaded from existing maps. All these types of properties have been moved into an "Environment" block in the JSON structure.

Fog and post-effects will be applied to all cameras that are created inside a call to LoadMap, whether the camera is loaded from the map or created in code with a component.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Got rid of a nasty bug in terrain sculpting that could cause a crash after a few moments of continuous use.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Fixed remaining issues with SPIR-V that were causing problems on AMD card with terrain.
  • Only editor is updated, rest will come tomorrow.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Post-processing effects now use a regular 2D texture for PREVPASS and auxillary  buffers, but use a 2DMS texture for the original color, normal, and depth buffers. Post-processing shaders must be updated in your project.
  • Temporarily removed SSAO post-effect.
  • Added antialias option in editor viewport settings.
  • Fixes for AMD compatibility with SPIR-V.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Josh unlocked this topic
  • Josh locked this topic