Ultra Engine Early Access

awgsknite

Hi,

There's no editor nor an easier way to assign components to entities without code. You can load maps from Leadwerks. in the meantime.

You can easily start your next project by getting the feel of the new engine and API and writing your core framework. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

All the functionality for game development that is needed is finished including path finding, physics, etc. However the new editor is still in development and what we have now is a programming SDK, so it depends largely on what type of game you want to make.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2 hours ago, awgsknite said:

ah okay Thanks ! so it can't make a full game application yet

Its probably a good time though to run some of the example code and have a play around, and see what it can do. This is what I'm doing; I've been searching for about a month for a game engine to use that looks like it was built in this century, can be fully written in C++, is easily controllable, and feels comfortable. Its hard to find the last 3. I've taken a look at Unreal and CryEngine but crossed them off; these big AAA game engines hamstring you by forcing you into stuff like C#, flowcharts/blueprints etc, and make it very difficult to control each aspect that you want, and tries to do everything for you. This SDK feels very comfortable and familiar for me. I started writing my own game engine years ago, and its API is very similar to Ultra so I find Ultra quite intuitive, but basically I gave up somewhere after finishing cascaded shadow mapping because everything became too much of a headache - I'll just leave the hard work to Josh :D and finally start on a game. I'm looking to create an RTS style game, but lesser control and more unit automation, more single player, because a mere mortal like myself will never be able to compete with StarCraft 2 or this new Stormgate game coming out.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the subscription method of payment, but dev/s need to at least make some money until the engine can get some exposure. Its not that much to pay, but even if I choose not to use it I won't be out of pocket by much :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, St0neD0es said:

I'm looking to create an RTS style game

If the camera is top-downish and there isn't a lot of overdraw you may get a faster framerate by disabling the early Z pass with this command:
https://www.ultraengine.com/learn/Camera_SetDepthPrepass?lang=cpp

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.