Decals trembling

Marcousik

Go to solution Solved by Genebris,

Each decal or light being rendered requires an individual draw call. For some reason, this does not slow down Leadwerks as much as I would expect it to. You can see the same thing in my benchmarks from I/ITSEC, the light rendering is relatively fast. (Decals are a special deferred light).

Of course in Ultra that would be much faster, but I can say that about anything.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I think I'm more inclined to understand what happens, if the player flies over the terrain the decals would have to be visible.  And like in GTA V a graphic quality option flying over the terrain.

If the player is never going to leave the ground, I think it would come in handy to set how far away the decal is displayed from the road. All this can be played with hills, dips in the terrain and things like that.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

3 hours ago, sastahai44 said:

I mean shadows, models, cng, emitters all work fine ,but decals are trembling. I m bit disappointed, it would have built good roads effects.

But in the editor they do not tremble, I think it has to do with the e occlusion system which can be deactivated. 

• Confused 1