Completion

Alienhead

I'm not one to complain, but I have to post this in hopes I'm overlooking something.  The Lua editor..  it seems to have no function helper in it?  I'm finding that I'm having to break from my coding flow, flip back and look through DOCs  (some commands take awhile to find) on nearly every command I pull up because I don't know the function parameters. By then I done start doing something else or forgot what I was working on or something.  I really can't see myself completing a full project with this type of work flow.  

Please tell me I have overlooked something or not set something up before I go any further, this almost feels like a deal breaker :(.

I was hoping maybe VS and Lua may help me in this matter but I was never able to get VS / lua / LE working together, the only information I found on setting it up lead to 404 pages and talked about LE 5.0 blah blah..

It really sounds like you are used to a strongly type language in Visual Studio. C++ would probably be more along the lines of what you're expecting.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I don't know much about using VSCode with Leadwerks. The built-in script editor is the recommended IDE for Lua. There is an autocomplete feature in the options, but this does not fill in the function syntax, just the names of things as you type.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You can launch the game from the Leadwerks Editor or just by double-clicking the game EXE. I'm sure it is possible to launch it somehow from VSCode, but that gets into a different area of knowledge.

Thats fine Josh, I'll use the in-house editor for quick changes,  the function helper within VCode is what I need for the long hauls.. 

Can Leadwerks be run ran through command line like le.exe - path%/main.lua

Thanks again,  I'm loving LE 4.6, the rendering is pretty and smooth.   

Main.lua is always run. However, you can specify the map to load with this command line switch:

+map (filename)

The command line switch itself is defined in the Lua script, so you can add your own options if you want to.