Where can we d/l the latest version of the island demo?

karmacomposer

This has been brought up, but no resolution seemed to be posted. Where can someone d/l the last version of that awesome island demo. I've been using Leadwerks since 1.0, but did not save the installations due to space requirements.

Does anyone have it?

I also noticed a GORGEOUS version with a very realistic ocean somwhere on this forum, is that version available?

Thanks.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

is this a joke or something...

c'mon... where's da cameras...

cool.png

--Mike

No, i'm actually serious. In my maps folder is the tunnel, arctic and road maps. No island. I remember it from a long time ago and was very surprised it is not available.

Do YOU know where the link is. I did a search through these forums, but I could not find a download link.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Guest Red Ocktober

ok... but i'm still looking over my shoulder... dry.png i've got this nagging feeling i'm being pranked... ph34r.png

anyways...

the island was part of Leadwerks 223 (that's as far as i go back with active installations) and continued to appear up until Leadwerks 2.3x (at least on my hard drive) debuted...

yeah, there were many really interesting maps that unfortunately seemed to vanish as the newer releases were updated...

remember these great oldies but goodies...

gallery_65_14_142096.jpg

the ole Hydro level...

gallery_65_70_55742.jpg

the ole Island map with the old Windmill object... remember these...

if you can get any of the earlier versions mentioned above, you should be able find it in the maps folder... and there was a scene launcher too for quick previews of the maps...

ahhhh the good ole days... rolleyes.gif

--Mike

Note: Even if you find them the Island maps won't run against the latest versions without considerable alteration as I found out a while back when enabling one to run. Amongst other things the sbx file format changed!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Guest Red Ocktober

yup... i had to run most of the physics objects in the Hydro map the PhysGen just to get the map to even come up in the prior version...

--Mike

Figured those maps would have been updated and released as part of LE2.5 ....guess not rolleyes.gif ...

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Oh. Well that kills that.

Anyway, just loved that map and it was really similar to what used to ship with Unity's Island Demo.

No worries - does not matter. I have tons of 3D foliage and island models and will just create my own. Not that I need one for the project I am starting, but it's fun to walk around the island.

In fact, all of my future questions, for a while, will be space centered, as the beginning of my project starts in a derelict spaceship and the main character is going to have to figure out a way to get to a space station that is far in the distance.

So i'll have to figure out player gravity and flying, not to mention space skybox / sphere map and more.

I'll have my hands full for a while.

What worries me is all this talk about LE3 as if LE 2.5 is dead and buried. I have no intention of upgrading to LE3 since it will more than likely be out of my price range and not have the 3D features of LE 2.5. I really am not going to develop for mobile platforms and if I do, I have other engines that supposedly can do it.

Am I wrong or is LE 2.5 non-supported / dead? If so, i'll stop now and use something else that is supported. I just like the idea of using either BlitzMax, which I own, or Lua, which does not seem that difficult of a scripting language.

Mike

No, LE2 will continue to be supported, at least for the meantime. Many of us are not moving to LE3, or at least not initially so you'll have some company :)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Well ...I might use LE3 for some of the Tools ...if I end up getting it...

Right now though im working with Panda 3D, Torque 3D, Ogre 3D AND Leadwerks 2.5 ...focusing more on LE2.5 right now..

Soo... hope it will be supported for a long time... I know 2.5 wont be updated any more ( sad since there are some things in LE3 I would like in LE2.5 ..like the updated physics and new editor...)

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

The Island demo was what everyone associated Leadwerks with I think, it was nice, showed off the graphics capability perfectly!

I hope LE3 does not get 2.5D terrain. Other engines have voxel terrain, which is then tesselated on the GPU as polygons, and can do real 3D terrains with overhangs, loops, tunnels, etc... Just like a normal mesh can do.

I think modern GPUs support also 3D textures, instead of only 2D textures, which could be used then as 3D spacemap for terrains.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I hope LE3 does not get 2.5D terrain. Other engines have voxel terrain, which is then tesselated on the GPU as polygons, and can do real 3D terrains with overhangs, loops, tunnels, etc... Just like a normal mesh can do.

I think modern GPUs support also 3D textures, instead of only 2D textures, which could be used then as 3D spacemap for terrains.

Hmm I am kinda undecided about that. Cryengine 3 might mave voxel terrain capability, i'm not sure, but most of it is just terrain similar to Leadwerks, and anything that might be mistaken for overhangs is just models, and we all know how good that can end up looking.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

I agree. The majority of top games still simply combine standard terrain with models for cliffs, overhangs etc. Its easy to do and looks great so no need to make it more complicated.

The Island demo was what everyone associated Leadwerks with I think, it was nice, showed off the graphics capability perfectly!

Torque did a nice island demo, and now they're open source. ohmy.png

There was a point where I realized the best you could do with that kind of things was a little worse than Crysis, and the CryEngine doesn't have many users even.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I agree Josh, with top engines like cryengine, it almost seems like anything you can make will never meet up to it in graphics. I feel that now a lot of engines are moving forward with graphics ,yet since engines like cryengine are so far ahead graphically, when they advance they are likely to stay ahead. I guess all we can hope for is that these companies making these engines all go bankrupt.

Although in the long run. if you can't beat them, join them.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

I like Crytek's stuff. I just think we have more to rely on than purely graphical power. Probably the number one feature of Leadwerks is the API design and ease of programming. A good renderer that is easy to utilize = <3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have looked at several game engines and the first thing I look for are code examples. I found them all to be more complex thn Leadwerks although Unity looked reasonably easy.Blitz 3d is also easy but way out of date. I am sticking with Leadwerks.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++