Mesh vs Model

fumanshoo

Collisions only work on bodies and terrains. LoadModel will load/create an invisible physics body with the visible mesh as the child. LoadMesh just loads the visible mesh. Since you want to color the visible child mesh of the model, you have to set the recursive parameter to 1.

entity:SetColor( color:TVec4, recursive )

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

sceneBuildings = LoadModel("abstract::general visualization of the slums.gmf")

sceneBuildings:SetPosition(Vec3(0,-.05,0))

sceneBuildings: SetCollisionType(2)

EntityColor(sceneBuildings,Vec4(.5,.5,.5,.5,1))

Is this what you mean? I am still not getting the desired effects....

EntityColor(sceneBuildings,Vec4(.5,.5,.5,.5,1))

i am assuming you are using lua, so it should be:

sceneBuildings:SetColor(Vec4(.5,.5,.5,.5),1)

you know if you used the editor to create your scene, you could easily set these properties with the property dialog... just a suggestion.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Well I love the Editor and I had already created the scene in the Editor, but I want to learn more about the Script Editor mostly because I suck at programming in general. The Editor is very reliable and easy, but I just want to learn more. Programming is beginning to become more of a fun thing to me than a chore. Thanks a lot for the help and sorry, I should have told you that I was using Lua Script.

I think it may take me a little more time to learn all of that. commands... or at least I think they are command like "self.model" and "self.super" confuse the hell out of me. Same with "group:" and "class" I'm just not advanced enough as a user to understand it quite yet, but I am getting there. If you would be willing to privately teach me ( which I highly doubt would ever happen haha ) and help me understand the class file or better yet how to make a controller that is compatible with the game script path, I would be very appreciative, but until then, I am happy with slowly learning on my own haha.

Just curious. but why are you using code to place buildings in your game when its easier and faster to place them in the editor and then load them in with your scene with loadscene ?Thats what the editor is designed for.

EDIT:You can always use findchild to refer to them.

I only load characters in code ( with LoadMesh)

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Well, like I said earlier, I used to use the Editor, but I want to better myself when it comes to programming and I think little things like this help. It's not like this little practice is ACTUALLY being used, it's all being put into a dummy scene where I just fool around with stuff. It's helpful too because I had no idea what recursive meant until now.

Well, I shouldn't say that I USED to use the Editor because I still do, but not for my little test lab scene...