Changing/making physics?

f13rce

Hey lads,

Since a few days ago I am having some weird collision problems.

I am using a controller, and each time I walk e.g. on stairs it blows me away.

I think this has to do with the physics.

I was using the MilkShape GMF exporter to export the map and I let LE made the physics for me.

So my question is: Can I edit the physics?

If so, how? And if not, how can I fix that 'blowing away'?

- Ivar/Evayr :)

PS: Could you explain it as clear as possible?

(PPS: There should be a questions board/forum section imo.)

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.

General programming? 3D modelling?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

blows me away: like, he flew away, lol

Ah ... not "blows me away" as in "impressed" then :)

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

I have had lots of problems with this in the past and anyone who gets to the point of pushing the physics in Newton will do so. In your case it might just require a better physics hull but essentially small physics shapes seem to allow the controller to penetrate them and Newton then produces a massive opposite force which sends you flying off. You can try swept collision which certainly helps but is a lot slower. If you don't have much going on you can get away with this.

ref: Swept Collision

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

The only time I have seen this occur is when a really detailed collision shape was used with lots of small triangles, and it was a situation that should not have been allowed to happen.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I was having this problem just using a player controller on the Desert and Arctic example maps. As soon as I added the player controller it would go shooting off in some direction. When I made my own terrain it stopped happening.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

The only time I have seen this occur is when a really detailed collision shape was used with lots of small triangles,

^True.

And that 'blowing away' is that it warps/moves me to other spots very fast ignoring the other physics around it..

I'll upload a vid soon as soon as I get from Zigiz.

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.

This occurs in the tunnel underground map just like it used to, if you jump onto the corner at the junction of two tunnels it will shoot you to the other end, like back in 2.23. Josh fixed it before, but seems it is back...

Could be a Julio thing?

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

If you want help, you need to post your files.

I examined this issue in the tunnels map. At first I tried capping the max force, but then I noticed the geometry had some one-sided triangles in the corners. This was what caused the controller to get thrown sideways when pushing around the corner. I uploaded a fixed .phy file.

It is interesting that another problem we had early on was also due to bad geometry, and the controller was working correctly. This was caused when the player was unable to go up a step, and I looked and found the step was sloped. You can read about it in the old forum.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Is there possibly some way of opening .phy files in a 3d modeling program, so we can review the shapes, save as obj and re-convert into new and revised .phy files?

edit: for the automatically created phy files I mean.

Win7: 3.4GHz i7, 16Gb RAM DDR3, Radeon HD 6970 2048MB