question about programming with leadwerks engine

Guest Saulius

There really is no such thing as C++ .Net. .Net is a framework whilst C++ is a language. You need to use /CLI with C++ to work with .Net I'm not sure that .Net is really aimed at game making, why not use straight C++?

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Guest Saulius

It is with with XNA.

@OP You can use C# currently with LE.

Edit: I'll stick with c++ for now

I'm currently learning c++(I know about c++ pretty much now), is c# really much daunting to learn for me then?

For Leadwerks 3 it depends on what kind of game. If there's a lot of game interactions that vary from level to level, use Lua. If you are building a game with a big architecture and a lot of special systems, use C++. If you are making a simple game, use either.

Lua in Leadwerks 3 is fast, it has good tools, and the implementation is quite capable, so you don't have a disadvantage over C++ for most things.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Guest Saulius

to admin: please delete my post.

Edit: oh, my post looks not bad now

Edit: this post not solves anything for me, please delete it. Or leave it on the beginning where it was(thank you):

Scarlet Thread, on 06 October 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

C++ Yes now and later... don't know about the other two

but it is "c++ .net" ?

Edit: oh, it is not "c++ .net"

• 2 weeks later...

We are moving the project over to visual studio 2010 from 2008.

We are going to focus on native code development, so we will support C++ at launch, as well as Lua script.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...

For Leadwerks 3 it depends on what kind of gamebuilding a game with a big architecture and a lot of special systems, use C++. If you are making a simple game, use either.

Can you give me a more detailed explanation ?

For a strategic game or an RTS or in general for games where A.I. plays an important role

what would you suggest LUA or C++ ?

Thanks in advance

I would suggest SuperBasic, it's like BASIC but even more simple, and it can use any C++ source code direcltly too. So far it's only VaporWare, but I hope to get it released soon, especially with the launch on LE3.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Can you give me a more detailed explanation ?

For a strategic game or an RTS or in general for games where A.I. plays an important role

what would you suggest LUA or C++ ?

Thanks in advance

Besides my biased opinion that C++ is better in almost every way.... It doesn't really matter what you use.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!