Support POSIX?

nww100

Mac is working with the beta right now:

http://www.leadwerks...etting-fun-now/

Linux may be supported in the future.

Thanks,

I tried to install the engine in linux, using wine. As a result Engine.exe has started without any problems:

Snimokekra_3614152_5059361.jpg

But the Editor.exe, unfortunately - crash smile.png

Snimokekra_8199527_5059363.jpg

Full log from the console:

nww@nww:~$ wine '/home/nww/.wine/drive_c/Leadwerks Engine SDK/Editor.exe'
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub!
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13b2d0, L"ROOT\\CIMV2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x176e9f4)
fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl returning zero-filled buffer for IOCTL_VOLUME_GET_VOLUME_DISK_EXTENTS
fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl Unsupported ioctl 74080 (device=7 access=1 func=20 method=0)
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13c6a0, L"ROOT\\CIMv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x1b6e9fc)
fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl returning zero-filled buffer for IOCTL_VOLUME_GET_VOLUME_DISK_EXTENTS
fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl Unsupported ioctl 74080 (device=7 access=1 func=20 method=0)
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13c6a0, L"ROOT\\CIMv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x176e9fc)
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13c6a0, L"ROOT\\CIMv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x1b6e9fc)
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13c6a0, L"ROOT\\CIMv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x176e9fc)
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13c6f0, L"ROOT\\CIMv2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x1b6e9fc)
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13c6f0, L"ROOT\\WMI", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x176e9f4)
fixme:reg:RegSetKeySecurity :(0x64,4,0x123ca9c): stub
fixme:richedit:ITextDocument_fnRange stub 0x2493338
fixme:richedit:ITextDocument_fnFreeze stub 0x2493338

Josh, how many necessary collect finance, to stimulate develop Linux version (question from russian community http://linux.org.ru)?

Porting the engine to Linux should be easy. It already runs on four operating systems, so adding one more at this point is not hard. Porting the editor is more difficult, because there's a lot of GUI stuff that can go wrong. We use a cross-platform GUI library that abstracts the OS-specific stuff, but I have made so many modifications, that I have no idea what will happen when we try to run it on Linux.

In the U.S., the average programmer's salary is around $50,000:

http://www1.salary.c...r-I-Salary.html

I estimate it would take six months to have a Linux version ready. According to the figure above, that's going to cost us about $25,000. Then you figure in the cost of ongoing support, which I am going to say is equal to one half-time worker, or an additional $25,000 annually.

So just to break even, my cost is around $50,000 to implement the Linux version and provide support for one year.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If we support Linux, it will be a native build, not an emulation.

Strictly speaking, wine isn't an emulator. (Despite the urban legend, wine does not stand for "Wine isn't an emulator". Since you'd get stuck in an infinite recursion if you attempted to resolve the letters to words)

An interpreter would be a more accurate description, although I believe that's not technically accurate either.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

If I were to just compile the engine itself for Linux, that's quite a bit simpler. But we can have the editor itself running in Linux, using the native GUI on that distro.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Mac is working with the beta right now:

http://www.leadwerks...etting-fun-now/

Is it reasonable to expect a beta release (at least for LE2 customers) before the end of the current year? Since few months ago I switched to iMac platform (yes, sad but true I'm starting to love OSX at least as much as Windows that is turned off from that age, and 80% of my current jobs are for iOS and [very] little Android) I'm more excited to try something on this (to me) new platform besides the game engine I'm using at this very moment.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com