physics?

cassius

Is there something wrong with physics in 2.3?

When I push against an oildrum it falls towards the camera instead of away from it as it once did.Objects get jammed under the player and when I push an upturned oildrum it rolls toward the player instead of away from it.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

There could be several things causing this cassius. Anything from the collision type to the acceleration of the controller to mass given to objects to perhaps even the number of collision iterations being calculated. Without seeing your code and scene, and testing it, its anyone guess.

In any case, General Discussion is not the place for these types of posts. Questions on how to do something in LE or an issue you are having with LE should be posted in one of the private forums that is most closely related to your issue. The two public forums, General Discussion, and Showcase, are meant to allow open discussions about things not necessarily related to LE, questions about if LE can do this from non-SDK Owners, and people showing off what they have accomplished in LE. But not technical questions on how to accomplish something in LE or issues you are having. The third public forum is for 3D World Studio and its public because not everyone that uses 3DWS uses LE.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Ok ack.my apologies.

Nothing to apologize for... it wasn't meant as an admonishment directed at only you... everyone has been doing this myself included. Just all of us need to start using the appropriate forums for posts. :)

I assume you are using bmax, so zip up your program code into a text file and attach it to new post that you make in the BlitzMax programming forum and see if anyone can give you a hand with your issue.

macklebee's channel

I don't really care. I can see you are a 2.3 owner, so it doesn't matter to me.

okay... figured you would prefer LE tech questions and possible bugs to not be posted in the public forums by sdk owners... since that appeared to be the reason for even having private forums... but its your forum.

macklebee's channel