..game website is up..

Naughty Alien

..hi guys, here is one of last things STEAM required to be done before , first commercial game using LE2.x as a renderer, to my knowledge, is out..now just rest of the crappy paperwork..here is website of game, so, I just wanted to know is it working and can you access it without any issues...if there are any issues, please let me know, Ill appreciate that a lot..it will be some small add ons but basically this is how is it going to look like...any comments are welcome..

Linky:

http://hoodwinkgame.com/the-game

• Upvote 2

It looks great NA, no issues with access and speed here.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Guest Red Ocktober

looks fantastic... runs fast and smoothly...

a few questions on LW with Steam when you get a free sec...

1- how much work was involved in integrating the game so that it would be Steam compliant...

2- is the Steam SDK all one would need and does it give you enough info...

3- how long did it take for the Steam certification process to run its course...

and about your site... which tool did you use to make it... it really does look like a mini media and social networking center for the game...

looking forward to seeing your game listed in the store... and congrats!

--Mike

..thank you guys for your time and effort in testing it..I apreciate it because its first hand information, from all around world, and I wanna be sure that things are working..as for your questions Red, here it goes buddy..

1) Im using BMax so i had to create wrapper based on STEAM SDK. Once you do it its literally insertion of few lines of code into game code, not much work at all.

2) yes, Steam SDK is all you need, and eventual additional info, you can easy get from Steam folks..process is easy and nice.

3) Basically, it was quite fast, long as you provide workable demo (few bugs here and there is fine, they are not complaining), so Steam folks can see what is game about and how it suppose to look like...soon after that, you will receive confirmation, and process starts. In my case it took about 2 weeks from the moment of submission first version of demo (buggy one). You also have to have web site and all that support things before they push game out. Steam WILL NOT advertise your game too, so beware of that, because advertisment is something you have to do yourself or pay for it to Steam..either way, its on developer/publisher back..

I hope it helps.

All loads good here, NA.

My only suggestion is the twitter background color (sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the overal color scheme) and the type of blue font you use in the body I would just make it white. Basically what gamecreator said. The colors clash with the overall theme and art.

Art looks great, great job on that.

..thank you guys for your time and effort in testing it..I apreciate it because its first hand information, from all around world, and I wanna be sure that things are working..as for your questions Red, here it goes buddy..

1) Im using BMax so i had to create wrapper based on STEAM SDK. Once you do it its literally insertion of few lines of code into game code, not much work at all.

2) yes, Steam SDK is all you need, and eventual additional info, you can easy get from Steam folks..process is easy and nice.

3) Basically, it was quite fast, long as you provide workable demo (few bugs here and there is fine, they are not complaining), so Steam folks can see what is game about and how it suppose to look like...soon after that, you will receive confirmation, and process starts. In my case it took about 2 weeks from the moment of submission first version of demo (buggy one). You also have to have web site and all that support things before they push game out. Steam WILL NOT advertise your game too, so beware of that, because advertisment is something you have to do yourself or pay for it to Steam..either way, its on developer/publisher back..

I hope it helps.

Fantastic, Thanks for the info NA I've always been wondering about this.. good to know its a simple integration with Steamworks. Cheers.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!