Where to put new tutorials?

AggrorJorn

@ Josh

Okay I am confused about where to place tutorials.

What If I have a tutorial existing out of video, a zip, a pdf and some text for inside the tutorial page? Shoould It go to

--> Asset Store --> Tutorials?

if so then what do I do with a textual article/tutorial that isrelated to a tutorial with video? Do I put that with assest store tutorials or with articles?

Also, some video tutorials are also placed in the "video section" of the community. Could you please clarify how you want this to work?

Yay, so my tutorials are official too! Thanks Josh tongue.png

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it seems the last CSS update has destroyed 50% of the content and functionality. Like always, but I'm getting used to it, so I host my tutorials on my own web server.

Before the last CSS update, there were Community Tutorials under Documentation, but now they are all gone.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I don't want the articles section to be a list of download links. I recommend pasting the contents of your article in the text field. You can also add up to three videos and they will appear on the first page of your article in an attractive format.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I generally prefer tutorials to be self-contained and not link to external resources that may become dead links in the future. You can attach a zip file in the article contents itself.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You should allow raw HTML coding in tutorials, using GUI stuff usually makes things much harder to use.

Like for example right now, I have no idea where I would put tutorials, but I know how to setup an Linux Apache server and put PHP and HTML pages on it. I mean how hard can GUI stuff really be compared to starting from scratch.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Preferably nothing.

What is the point of having that category then?

I am sorry to bother you with this. But I really don't understand the structure. I can't be the only one. For now I will make an article with video content. Here is my last question. Where should I put the download for the source code? In the asset store (the article links to the asset store) or in the article itself?

What is the point of having that category then?

I am sorry to bother you with this. But I really don't understand the structure. I can't be the only one. For now I will make an article with video content. Here is my last question. Where should I put the download for the source code? In the asset store (the article links to the asset store) or in the article itself?

You can attach a zip file in your article, just like a forum post:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/articles/_/programming/introduction-to-animation-r11