Blitzmax rotate pointlight

Arska134

Hello everybody! I installed Leadwerks yesterday and i have done some testing and i like what i see. I am considering to buy Leadwerks engine.

Now i am messing around with 30 day trial with BMax. Now i am learning things about light, but i encountered little problem. I try to make some kind of "flashlight", but i can't rotate pointlight.

I tried it this way:

positionentity(pointlight, Vec3(EntityPosition(cam).X, EntityPosition(cam).Y, EntityPosition(cam).Z))
rotateentity(pointlight, Vec3(EntityRotation(cam).X, EntityRotation(cam).Y, EntityRotation(cam).Z))

Thanks. :)

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

you can rotate a pointlight... but why would you? it radiates in all directions inherently. if you wish to simulate a flashlight then try using a spotlight instead... :)

hmmm... cool to know... i didnt realize the trial version of bmax accepted 3rd party modules...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I wish that I could afford Blide and stuff, but i am very strict on money because i am just a student. :/ 150 € for Leadwerks is cheap, but much for me. But i am pretty sure that i'll buy Leadwerks. :) Awesome engine and easy.

I'll ask some questions quick:

1. If i buy Leadwerks. Can i update my engine to next version free or do i have to buy engine again every single time?

2. If i make something cool with engine. Am i eligible to sell my product?

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

1) Minor updates (version 2.xx) will be free. I doubt there will be any more updates, because LE3 is coming sometime next year.

Buying LE2 now and then upgrade to LE3 will be cheaper than buying LE3 only.

2) You can make any number of games without paying any fee or something. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that

you are not allowed to make a game that is completely modable, like e.g a GameMaker.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

1) Minor updates (version 2.xx) will be free. I doubt there will be any more updates, because LE3 is coming sometime next year.

Buying LE2 now and then upgrade to LE3 will be cheaper than buying LE3 only.

2) You can make any number of games without paying any fee or something. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that

you are not allowed to make a game that is completely modable, like e.g a GameMaker.

Thanks!

I just do little more testing with Leadwerks Evaluation Kit (and bother you guys in here some more :D) and i am going to buy full version soon. Looks good this far. :)