Intel's Larrabee Cancelled

Josh

Lol. So much for everyone having games with shiny balls and lackluster infinite reflections.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

That bit-tech story is deceiving. Larrabee isn't canceled at all - Intel have a working prototype and according to 'on paper' tests its damn good. But it just isn't as good as the AMD or Nvidia solutions yet, not to mention consumer drivers, etc. So they have decided not to release it. I think many really expected this - Intel are the biggest and best CPU makers in the world, but its going to take them a few goes to think about reaching for the GPU crown, and I think thats where they over-estimated themselves.

We'll see Larrabee, don't you worry about that. Just expect a few fails first. Good to see Intel had the sense not to release their fail this time around.

Programmer, Modeller

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.5GHz | GeForce 480 GTX | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Premium x64

Visual Studio 2008 | Photoshop CS3 | Maya 2009

Way to take the quote completely out of context Josh. The real quote is:

"Larrabee silicon and software development are behind where we hoped to be at this point in the project. As a result, our first Larrabee product will not be launched as a standalone discrete graphics product."

Please note the highlighted keyword.

Programmer, Modeller

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.5GHz | GeForce 480 GTX | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Premium x64

DJDD i think you will need to read all the other news on the nets not just bit-tech

as its delayed and part of it is canceled

so there is no enduser version of the card coming out only the pro side

which means a lot of us will not be able to get the card

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

DJDD i think you will need to read all the other news on the nets not just bit-tech

as its delayed and part of it is canceled

so there is no enduser version of the card coming out only the pro side

which means a lot of us will not be able to get the card

Thats my point carlb. Josh, and that news poster at Bit-Tech make it sound like Larrabee is dead. It is simply delayed. No more.

Programmer, Modeller

I e-mailed the Intel marketing manager who was heading up product management on Larabee, and she said that they were no longer pursuing Larabee as a consumer product, period.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

I e-mailed the Intel marketing manager who was heading up product management on Larabee, and she said that they were no longer pursuing Larabee as a consumer product, period.

Well that's certainly interesting - The graphics market is simply huge and growing and I seriously doubt Intel are just going to let that be. Do you mind if you post the email here? I'd like to see exactly what was said.

Programmer, Modeller

No, if I went posting e-mails around I wouldn't be extended this privileged anymore.

-----

-----

-----

No, if I went posting e-mails around I wouldn't be extended this privileged anymore.

Fair enough. Well you'll have to excuse my skepticism - I very seriously doubt Intel is out of the game in terms of consumer space graphics. That notion just seems completely wrong in so many ways.

Programmer, Modeller

you do release intel has not made graphic from a long time

most of the graphic in the chipset is from powerVR

the last graphic they did was the old 740 so to start something from scratch was going to be hard and which

they found as have decided to stop for now

but i bet you see some of that stuff in other thing in time and they may come back to it next year

we have to wait and see

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

why do they need to catch up they have the bigest part of the graphic market

yes it true they have over 70% cry cry cry people with buy intel boards with graphic

so they dont need to do anything

ati and nvidia are the ones fighting to get more market and catch up with them

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

No. Thats 70% (or whatever the real value is) of the INTEGRATED market. Larrabee is targets at the actual graphics market. Intel wants that, wants it bad.

Programmer, Modeller

You wrong on that

as they did want it that bad they have had the chip out a year ago

but like i said we wait and see if they do come back great. if they dont means nothing

i dont care to be truthfully i have more them my own problem with all the diffrent dam chipset they do

that give me a right headache at work

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

it was the number not long ago for us on the system and boards we made and sold

it may change next year but at the moment sells have increased again for intel and lots of people want the H55 boards

and its not a good at all

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm..seems like intel is having problems...just like nvidia..delay after delay.

what would we do if they were the only companies alive?

sure wouldn't have cheap fast cpu's like amd gives

sure wouldn't have cheap super fast gpu's like ati gives

that come out on the days they are told to be released.

computers would be pointless :(