Not sure if this goes here but anyways,

ChudStuddley

Whenever I use the evaluation leadwerks or play a demo for a game called Sphere Game I can make stuff/play for a few minutes then my screen goes black and it says my nvidia driver has stopped responding but has recovered. This never happened with the older leadwerks so I am just wondering if it is a compatibility issue with my graphics card, I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450. Thanks for reading this.

It's possible if vsync is disabled in the program it could be overheating your card, but that should never happen because they are supposed to slow down before they start overheating. Updating the drivers is the first thing I would do:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It's possible if vsync is disabled in the program it could be overheating your card, but that should never happen because they are supposed to slow down before they start overheating. Updating the drivers is the first thing I would do:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I have every single feature on (My graphics card can definitely handle it) and I am going to update my drivers again (Already did it before, Just tryin' again =/ ) I'll update later if anything helps.

Update: Now it decided to work. Thanks Josh and cassius, I'll look into buying this engine sometime soon =)

I'm glad that worked for you. I've asked NVidia in the past to build some kind of simple web interface to let a program detect the latest available driver for any GPU. I think it would make things easier for everyone.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm glad that worked for you. I've asked NVidia in the past to build some kind of simple web interface to let a program detect the latest available driver for any GPU. I think it would make things easier for everyone.

Since you are here I might as well ask instead of making a thread, Does Leadwerks have DirectX11 Support? =P

Leadwerks uses OpenGL so no, I doesn't support DirectX11.

btw, I had the exact same issue with a previous driver!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

It does? :S I had no idea.

Yeah, Direct X's dominance was short lived. Microsoft got too cocky by insisting that that you had to leave XP behind if you wanted DX 10 or newer.

I believe the current Leadwerks engine uses Open GL 3.3 for its graphics.

LE 3 should be coming with an Open GL 4 renderer on supported hardware which should easily match DX 11 ... whilst also being able to run on Linux and a Mac...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

what driver was it pixel? Ive noticed that my computer is overheating alot lately and im wondering if i should upgrade or downgrade drivers...

Sorry Mac, I must have missed your question. It was the nVidea 260.99 64 bit driver. First noticed it when trying Aggror's MAGIAM game entry but it would occur on other Leadwerks apps too. Upgraded to a 270 version and no further issues

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++