Steamworks wrapper

Naughty Alien

I don't know what is involved in setting up a program to run on Steam, but I imagine it is pretty easy. There's even been some Blitz3D programs on Steam, so it can't be too difficult.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I don't think there's anything I could even do to support it. LE is just a DLL, and I think this needs to be integrated into the main executable.

I don't think it has to hook into the renderer in any way. I think it can be set up without modifying your EXE.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I believe Steamworks is like using any another library for networking, achievements, and user updates. The developers are on their own, as if it was any other third-party library. You send commands to their servers using their API to retrieve user information.

Running Visual Studio (and Leadwerks) using the Steam Client displays the overlay. It attaches to any child process using an OpenGL / DirectX window, and thus is completely separate from the Leadwerks engine.

(picture shown)

post-214-0-06207200-1310366021_thumb.jpg

Need to have a near-finished game then you present it to Valve and they decide whether they will put it on Steam. If you're accepted, you sign an NDA and they give you Steamworks.

Edit: Bah. Should've refreshed the page.