characters disapear

cassius

When I change the name of a character in its properties it falls thru the floor. Before changing the name everything works fine.

This is a recent occurence. I am using le 2.43

Any help?? Is it a bug?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

It only happens with characters. If I want a second instance of a character and change the name to make it a new character it drops thru the floor.

also in the general tab enabled and active are set to false. Chaning them also causes the model to drop thru floor.

EDIT:Maybe its different for characters. I just did copies of crates and oildrums without problems.

I just tried changing the name on the LE soldier model that was on the asset store a while back. No problems with him falling through the floor. Setting it to prop collision in the editor makes it go a little crazy though. I guess that's why you add it in script? Although I wouldn't think that would make a difference. Is it possible for you to upload the mesh you are using Cassius?

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

I have no problem with the original character, its when I copy and paste it or drag and drop it to make a copy and then change the name of the copy in order to make it a different character that the problem occurs. And its not just changing the name that causes the problem, its changing anything.

If I load the character into uu3d and save it with a new name then the editor sees it as a different character and it works fine.

I had 2.42 before, so just updated to 2.43 and still cant replicate this :) Have you tried with the LE soldier model? I can't find the animated version on the forum anymore, but I could always upload it in this thread for you If i'm allowed to do that.

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

Thanks everyone for advice. I did a clean install last night and updated relavent files in my project folder but it makes no difference.

Normally if I am the only one to have the problem I assume I am doing something wrong, but on a couple of occasions in the past it HAS turned out to be a bug. Time will tell.