Building a Castle

David Will

Guest Red Ocktober

yeah... you've got a great 'feel' for this kinda stuff...

the shots could be photographs...

how did you avoid the repetition of the the textures so that each wall section looks unique...

--Mike

I love David's textures also. I think he photographs all his own textures Scotty. As for the unique look of the walls, I'm guessing this model isnt instanced, and has textured each section differently.

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

Apologize for the delay, been working on another game and had no time to be here!

I've decided to redesign some parts of the castle walls as I felt the other as seen in the first screenshot looked a little too generic and boring, though I will re-use it somewhere along the development line.

abc4.jpg

how did you avoid the repetition of the the textures so that each wall section looks unique...

I made a long wall section in photoshop that exceeded 10000x in Width and cut it into 2048x2048 sections then applied in max.

Nice textures, where did you find those textures.

I’m currently modeling Caen castle as it could have looked in 1193 but I have to change it every 2 days because I find different sources saying different things.

Thanks! I taken the stock images myself about 3 weeks ago and I am turning them to textures with each section of the castle I am building. Also, would be great to see your rendition of Caen Castle.

I love David's textures also.

Thanks Rich!

• 2 weeks later...