I'm very angry

Icare

Hi,

I am very angry, I just made the acquisition of leadwerk and for now I spend my time to debug mesh.frag file. LW based on shaders, but the basic shaders are not operational see missing. Before I negotiated resolution to look at the mesh.frag file I tried with another machine doesn't have a graphics card of the same constructor.I 'm not a pro-shader programmer, it's hard to understand and I don't think my changes is the best

My modifications :

* Change the parameters to operate the parallax (Les valeurs de constante étaient trop petites)

* Removed a clamp to have a specular with bumpmap (

* Write the total management of specular without bumpmap (LW_SPECUALR never dealt with outside of the tag LW_BUMPMAP)

* What else ?

It is not possible ! in the 2.32 package isn't the final sharder.PAK?

. I believed in what he described on the cover page:

Materials are the key to next-generation graphics. Choose from our library of effects include normal mapping, specular reflection, cube mapping, parallax occlusion mapping, and more.

With Leadwerks, you no longer Have to choose Between Power and ease of use

hum hum....

Hoping sincerely that it is an error during the release of package 2.3 / 2.31 and 2.32. And a version of mesh.frag managing all the fabulous and the basic shader will soon be available. Maybe that olders users have kept a correct version of shader.pak, but for the new entrant is rather discouraging

Nicolas

Tyler posted yesterday a small shader pak which implemented cubemap and some others.

You can also download older engines and rip stuff from them, I sent you the link to the older engines by PM:

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Can you please provide more information on what you are trying to accomplish? You should not have to edit shader files at all. You would never want to have specular reflections without bump mapping.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You can easily use a flat normal map for that.

Cubemapping is in the default shaders. It's using refraction cube mapping, which is how the skybox is displayed. If you are want reflective cube mapping, that can be added pretty easily. I actually need to do it anyways for another project, so I will add it in right now.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It's uploaded. Run the updater to get the new shaders.pak file.

Plain cubemapping:

texture0 = cubemap

vertex shader= mesh_cubemap.vert

fragment shader = mesh_cubemap.frag

Diffuse texture + cubemapping:

texture0 = diffuse

texture1 = cubemap

vertex shader= mesh_diffuse_cubemap.vert

fragment shader = mesh_diffuse_cubemap.frag

EMBM:

texture0 = diffuse

texture1 = bumpmap

texture2 = cubemap

vertex shader= mesh_diffuse_bumpmap_cubemap.vert

fragment shader = mesh_diffuse_bumpmap_cubemap.frag

post-1-017639200 1277948643_thumb.jpg

I going to tried it tonight, thank you

I had an idea to use flat normal map to a plastic effect (with specular), but I thought it was binding, and especially the shader Mesh_diffuse_specular exit in all shader.pak .

Maybe he should do the housework in sharder.pak.

I suspected that this was not normal that I should edit this file, but neither the effect of parallax, the specular or bumpmap not working before my change

thank you for the reactivated

After the update, I still don't understand why there's a clamp on:

shininess = clamp (shininess, 0.1) * 0.5;

It reduces the effect of brightness that doesn't make very good glossy effect.

A screenshot with the original mesh.frag

lw_originalfrag.jpg

I removed the clamp

lw_myfrag.jpg

How can I do to accentuate the glossy effect ?

Care to share?

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png