Map Test - Possible Start Area

mdgunn

This was done partly to serve the BB task for 'Starting Dungeon' (https://bitbucket.org/alexandru_afrasinei/forth/issues/22/graphics-starting-dungeon) and partly to test the Brush Based Building Pack.  It  isn't really trying to be a dungeon but rather just a fairly generic environment, possibly underground (no windows!). At the start there is a loose hint of the meteor cube and a crypt object near each other as a crash site.  The exit ramp at then end then could lead on to the island. 

I haven't yet uploaded the brush pack nor the map.  Might need to tidy up a bit but it probably could be put up any time.  Wouldn't recommend people rely on the brush pack at this early stage or re-work may be required. probably best I iron out any problems of use first but feedback would be welcome.

NOTE: Video contains spoilers :)

• Like 4

For first release I would like to include:

• first dungeon from mdgun
  • first island + some models
  • the third person camera from Slas.

Optional:

• menu
  • fade in/out game logo at begining
  • simple meteor cutscene
  • earthquake when exit first dungeon

Just walking around nothing else.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

58 minutes ago, Thirsty Panther said:

This is good. The end could be a portal that leads us to the Island map. The advantage of this is its quick to make and provides the opportunity to add puzzles/mazes.

Are we still adding enemies or are we just going for a maze / puzzle map for our first release?

Should the portal hide a load and is on a different map or is it there for effect and in same map. If there is a portal does it not leave you not knowing where you came from and how the new place relates?  The game may well have some intentional confusion so maybe the portal adds to it, or may just seem confusing to the player and not just the character.  Questions, question.  

Sounds like we do enemies later...at least for now.

There was a vote people didnt want portals from island to island but level progression.This just as reminder.

Dungeons exists underground in the island.

I see 2 options (regarding how places relates to each other):

Entry should be visible on the island (cave,portal,monolith, device)

Entry by portal

The end portal could lead us to another dungeon, and keep option open to return to surface.

So you could enter another dungeon and exit that to surface in other part of the island.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station