Plugin for SpeedTree

mikraj

as i know, you are not provide a source. so there is no possibility to integrate with speedtree. am i right? :blink:

I am not owner of Speedtree -> I don't have source, but if you buy ST, you will get library for loading their trees into engine.

-= Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz - ATI HD5870 - 6 GB DDR3 RAM - Windows 8 Pro 64x=-

Josh did indicate recently that in order to integrate Speedtree into the engine you would probably require the source code (and the obvious additional expense). Apparantly it requires fairly low level integration; although I have no personal experience of it. As already stated, you should try the available vegetation based tools with some of the many available tree/plant packs available at reasonable cost (Michael's are well recommended!).

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I'm sure Blitz3D is fine Puki ... but this is a Leadwerks forum and I don't think anyone is remotely interested. We are here for Leadwerks, if we wanted Blitz3D we'd be on their forums ;)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I refuse to drag this community behind me.

lol .. erm its more like Motor Sport .. what you mean is you're about to be lapped ;)

• Upvote 1

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Blitz3d it was a quite good engine, but it's really old and many users can't do anything more then a Mario game with it.

Many users buy Leadwerks just to have more speed and better rendering.

We all know that you like Blitz3d but probably we don't care about it. Love it in Blitz3d forum please.

Intel Corei7-6700, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, 32GB DDR4, W-10.

Anyway, Blitz3D can hold its own.

This is in Blitz3D:

Complex stuff going on there.

Really, all I see is some moving vegetation and a moving light and shadows. It looks very nice but this is an every day occurance in Leadwerks. What are we supposed to be impressed with?

I'd be much more impressed with you posting demos of games you've written in Blitz3D seeing you are so insistent in mentioning the engine in just about every post you make. Got anything to really shake our belief in Leadwerks? I'm open minded and fair and ready to be convinced if the evidence is compelling. Time to show your hand I think ... or are you bluffing :blink:

I was unimpressed with SpeedTree at the GDC this year. They have an easy to use modeler, but Josh stopped me from showing them our own vegetation as to not completely crush their spirits. They provide the source with the modeler, which is like $10k if I'm not mistaken. If you could use the modeler alone, that would be ideal, but they sell it as a whole package.

that is like the most hardcore statement I've ever read online

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3