Need Developers opinion about asset packs!

Michael Betke

28 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• Smaller packs with a lower price and not so much content.
    • Fewer packs with large number of assets in.
    • I don't buy 3thrd party content packs.

I'm putting together some new vegetation packages at the moment and I'm at the point to choose between offering one big pack with three or fours specimen in one pack.

My other consideration is to split the large pack into several ones which cost not so much, so instead of offering 30 tree models in one pack I would offer three packs with 10 trees in it (10 birch, 10 pines, 10 trunks and so on).

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

I'll only pay for exactly what I want... That's usually tailor-made packs. Price I would normally leave down to the person making the pack - it is their hard work after all... Provided it's not too expensive I would normally pay, but only if it has everything I want. Anything missing and I normally won't go for it...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

I think you might do best by offering several lower-priced packs, and one big one that costs less than the sum of the others. If you can automate the ordering process, selling each individual asset might not be bad, at a much higher price per item relative to the complete pack.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm a big fan of more options. At work we've purchased tree sets before, and it's frustrating when you have to buy 10 trees that you don't want to get the 12-15 trees that you do want. My vote is for smaller packs that give users more options (priced accordingly) along with a "Full package" option that has everything, maybe with a 10% discount compared to purchasing all of the smaller packs individually.

I aggree with the above, smaller packs are easier to buy because you know all the better what you get. Then you can pick and choose from the assets which is so easy to do when you know you only pay for what you want to have. So I say, smaller more specific packs :)

Win7: 3.4GHz i7, 16Gb RAM DDR3, Radeon HD 6970 2048MB

Well, this is an hard question..

I always prefer to work with a 3d artist on my team, but if i should choose, i will surely choose to buy a big pack of my own choise, obviously this will cost me more, also i'll never allow you (or who created the pack) to re-use my models, but i think we are just a few that thinks in this way..

Intel Corei7-6700, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, 32GB DDR4, W-10.

I think you might do best by offering several lower-priced packs, and one big one that costs less than the sum of the others. If you can automate the ordering process, selling each individual asset might not be bad, at a much higher price per item relative to the complete pack.

I totally agree. It's what people usually do when selling assets on sites such as 3D02 or The3DStudio.

The large pack aimed at people who wants to build a library of resources, and smaller ones to developers which only need to fill a gap (for example, I usually do trees with Pawel Olas' Lightwave plug-in, but could benefit from borrowing plants and rocks).