My computer is old...

Berken

If you are going to buy an AMD CPU, I'd wait a few months. AMD is going to be launching new line of CPUs that, if you believe the rumors will be significantly better than their current lineup.

The AMD GPUs have had rocky support with leadwerks in the past but for the last 6 months or so(maybe more?) I've had no problems with mine(R9 380). AMD has really improved their driver support recently.

• Upvote 1

If you are going to buy an AMD CPU, I'd wait a few months. AMD is going to be launching new line of CPUs that, if you believe the rumors will be significantly better than their current lineup.

The AMD GPUs have had rocky support with leadwerks in the past but for the last 6 months or so(maybe more?) I've had no problems with mine(R9 380). AMD has really improved their driver support recently.

Thanks for info :)

Already, I going to buy new computer in June, July. :)

This is a pretty good deal. It's not top of the line, but you don't really need top-of-the-line anymore:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-rx-460-4-gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5549901.p?skuId=5549901&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=db702dac-347d-476d-9116-9edf9316ee38&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg199154&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

I guess it would help to know what your current specs are?

It's always cheaper to just upgrade the GPU rather than buy a whole new computer.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This is a pretty good deal. It's not top of the line, but you don't really need top-of-the-line anymore:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-rx-460-4-gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5549901.p?skuId=5549901&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=db702dac-347d-476d-9116-9edf9316ee38&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg199154&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

I guess it would help to know what your current specs are?

It's always cheaper to just upgrade the GPU rather than buy a whole new computer.

You are right but my computer totally old;

9IPVefzgT.png

YhKkeOo0.png

So, I am not only upgrade GPU. I need totally new computer. :(

I like Marty's suggestion if you're on a budget, but AMD products do tend to be less energy efficient if that's a concern, but APUs should be more energy efficient. I would upgrade your CPU if you can though. Aside from the low clock speed (2.5 GHz) and being dual cores, your current CPU has a much higher transistor size than current CPUs. This is a good, but very technical answer on why that matters:

http://superuser.com/questions/808776/whats-the-difference-between-mobile-and-desktop-processors

Also, keep in mind that modern CPUs are very complex, and the architectural changes in each manufacturing generation can be very large.

The only suggestion I have is to get an Nvidia card over AMD because of the issues AMD users have had for what seems like forever now.

I disagree with this. If AMD drivers are problematic, then wouldn't it be better to develop your game on that by that logic so that you can find bugs before your users do?